It is difficult to predict what questions will be asked by employers at an interview. As a guide however, you should be prepared to speak with confidence on the following, and be able to support your answers with relevant examples:
- Current role and legal experience
- Experience relevant to this particular role
- Reasons for leaving current position (do not be too critical)
- Interest in this opportunity and knowledge about the organisation
- Short and long term career goals
- Interpersonal skills and working style
- Strengths, weaknesses and achievements
- Difficulties you have encountered and how you overcame them
- Marketing, business development and client relationship skills
- Management experience and client following (if relevant)
- Salary expectations and notice period
- Outside interests / Anything written in your CV
It is important to have a few questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview. Prepare at least four to five questions in advance of the interview. Below are a number of examples you might ask:
- How has this position become available?
- What is the structure of the organization/legal team?
- What is the culture of the organisation?
- How much training and support will there be?
- What are the future plans of the business/department?
- Who do you regard as your main competitors?
- How do you appraise the performance of your employees?
- What are the long term prospects for career progression?
- How much business development will you be involved in?
- Will you have responsibility for any junior members of the team?
- Who would you report directly to?
Legal Counsel Global Asset Manager Hong Kong 2-3 PQE More Info
Investment-Legal Counsel PRC Bank Hong Kong 2-5 PQE More Info
Control Room Compliance International Bank Hong Kong 7-12 PQE More Info
Derivatives Lawyer Alternative Asset Manager Singapore 1-4 PQE More Info
Global Head of Litigation MNC Asia 15-20 PQE More Info
Legal Counsel Technology+Commercial Hong Kong 2-5 PQE More Info
Litigation Associate International Law Firm Hong Kong 1-3 PQE More Info
IP/IT Associate UK Law Firm Hong Kong 5-7 PQE More Info
(SPEC) Senior Litigation Associate Offshore Law Firm Hong Kong 5+ PQE More Info
Data Privacy/TMT Lawyer International Law Firm Beijing/Shanghai 3-8 PQE More Info
IP Specialist US Law Firm Beijing 3+ Years More Info
Corporate Associate Offshore Law Firm Singapore 3-6 PQE More Info