It is difficult to predict what questions will be asked by employers at an interview. As a guide however, you should be prepared to speak with confidence on the following, and be able to support your answers with relevant examples:
- Current role and legal experience
- Experience relevant to this particular role
- Reasons for leaving current position (do not be too critical)
- Interest in this opportunity and knowledge about the organisation
- Short and long term career goals
- Interpersonal skills and working style
- Strengths, weaknesses and achievements
- Difficulties you have encountered and how you overcame them
- Marketing, business development and client relationship skills
- Management experience and client following (if relevant)
- Salary expectations and notice period
- Outside interests / Anything written in your CV
It is important to have a few questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview. Prepare at least four to five questions in advance of the interview. Below are a number of examples you might ask:
- How has this position become available?
- What is the structure of the organization/legal team?
- What is the culture of the organisation?
- How much training and support will there be?
- What are the future plans of the business/department?
- Who do you regard as your main competitors?
- How do you appraise the performance of your employees?
- What are the long term prospects for career progression?
- How much business development will you be involved in?
- Will you have responsibility for any junior members of the team?
- Who would you report directly to?
IP Legal Counsel Hong Kong 5+ Years More Info
Technology and Commercial Legal Counsel Hong Kong 5-10 Years More Info
PRC Legal Counsel Shenzhen 5+ Years More Info
Equity Derivatives Lawyer Hong Kong Open PQE level More Info
Legal Counsel Hong Kong 2-6 PQE More Info
AVP Legal Hong Kong Open PQE level More Info
Disputes Lawyer International Law Firm Hong Kong 3-5 PQE More Info
Junior Corporate Associate Offshore Law Firm Hong Kong 2-4 PQE More Info
Banking & Finance Associate US Law Firm Hong Kong/Shanghai/Beijing 3-5 PQE More Info
Senior Legal Project Manager International Law Firm Hong Kong 8-20 PQE More Info
Aviation Finance Lawyer International Law Firm Hong Kong 2-5 PQE More Info
Construction Senior Associate/Counsel Sydney 5-10 PQE More Info