It is difficult to predict what questions will be asked by employers at an interview. As a guide however, you should be prepared to speak with confidence on the following, and be able to support your answers with relevant examples:
- Current role and legal experience
- Experience relevant to this particular role
- Reasons for leaving current position (do not be too critical)
- Interest in this opportunity and knowledge about the organisation
- Short and long term career goals
- Interpersonal skills and working style
- Strengths, weaknesses and achievements
- Difficulties you have encountered and how you overcame them
- Marketing, business development and client relationship skills
- Management experience and client following (if relevant)
- Salary expectations and notice period
- Outside interests / Anything written in your CV
It is important to have a few questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview. Prepare at least four to five questions in advance of the interview. Below are a number of examples you might ask:
- How has this position become available?
- What is the structure of the organization/legal team?
- What is the culture of the organisation?
- How much training and support will there be?
- What are the future plans of the business/department?
- Who do you regard as your main competitors?
- How do you appraise the performance of your employees?
- What are the long term prospects for career progression?
- How much business development will you be involved in?
- Will you have responsibility for any junior members of the team?
- Who would you report directly to?
Legal Counsel – Derivatives Financial Institution Hong Kong 5-10 PQE More Info
Legal Counsel E-commerce Platform Hong Kong 3-10 Years More Info
Securities Services Legal Counsel Int’l Bank Hong Kong 5-10 PQE More Info
IBD Legal Counsel (VP/Director) PRC Securities Company Hong Kong 6+ PQE More Info
Compliance Co-ordinator US Fund Hong Kong 4-7 Years More Info
Head of Legal and Compliance PRC Bank Hong Kong 20+ PQE More Info
China M&A Partner Int’l Law Firm Hong Kong 15-20 PQE More Info
Real Estate Associate UK Law Firm Hong Kong 5+ PQE More Info
Energy/Projects/Infrastructure Lawyer Int’l Law Firm Hong Kong 3-8 PQE More Info
Funds Associate Offshore Law Firm Hong Kong 4-6 PQE More Info
Dispute Resolution Associate Int’l Law Firm Hong Kong 1-4 PQE More Info
Restructuring and Insolvency Associate UK Law Firm Hong Kong 8-10 PQE More Info